Thursday, May 28, 2009

Backtrack

Where does the time go?! I'm not really sure where the month of May has gone, but I know that it is surely coming to an end. I am getting really excited about moving to NYC. I am leaving Sunday and will be there until around the second week of August. I have some bitter sweet feelings about it as well.

I'm nervous number 1. My parents are not helping me financially this summer, therefore, I have to pay rent, food, and anything else that could come up..This is somewhat of a problem seeing as I am interning Mon-Thursday at MTV. I am SO EXCITED to do this, but I won't be able to get money those four days, which leaves 3 days a week to get enough money for rent and extra things. Scary. I was blessed with a scholarship but that doenst come until August...which doesn't really help me as far as this summer is concerned. ...Ok I guess there isn't a number 2..haha im excited other than that. I am so excited to have Brittany, Lorin, Carson, Teale, and Christine all in New York. How lucky am I?? I can't wait to see them, catch up on life, and reaquaint myself with my good ole' friend, the city.


I got to see some friends yesterday when they came over to my pool. Kyle and Andrew payed a visit and it was a nice evening. Later in the night my mom and I watched the Bachelorette and drank some yummy-ness. The bachelorette is my Jam. I want her to pick Jake. He is precious!!!!!!


As far as Jobs are concerned, I would really like to work for Red Bull. It seems like a good time and like it would most work with my schedule...or
I would could work at the diner again. Last summer I worked for Ellen's stardust diner, where I was able to sing and wait tables. It was a fun performance every night, and we sang with a live band on Sundays. It was really hard work....really hard...but some of my fondest memories are in that little diner....well besides having a stalker! EEK.



Things with my family are good. My sister is graduating Tomorrow! That is so crazy. I still feel like she is little Maggie-Who-Who-Who dances around in her diaper and made me sleep on the edge of the bed so her imaginary animals could sleep inbetween us! oh Maggie, I am so proud of you and the woman you have become....Precious Marge- as ms Kerry would say
(maggie and Dustin!)

A small update...This past weekend, Victoria Parsons came home from Germany. It was nice to have the entire Parsons family back home including Alex and have a fun Guyana weekend. We went to Atlantic Station, and danced at a Carribbean Festival and ate lots of crazy food. I got spoiled seeing alex for almost 2 weeks in a row, and now we will be apart for..well we don't know. I will be in NY for two 1/2 months while Alex will be taking classes/being a sports counselor at BYU. That kind of makes me laugh to think of alex as an enthusiastic "camper..." haha..but I know the kids will love him...and if I was a girl camper, and he was a counselor....I would stay at camp all summer!




I am interested in seeing how this summer pans out, but I am content knowing the Lord will be with me through it all :)


Roe

No comments: