Friday, July 31, 2009

Make yourself Alive

"I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed several times since then"
- If that wasn't the truth!


I'm gonna piggy back off of a post that my good friend Jaclyn wrote the other day. She wrote this quote:


The thing, of course, is to make yourself alive.
Most people remain all their lives in a stupor.
-Sherwood Anderson



That is EXACTLY what I did the other night..and it was the best night of my life. EVER.



I have never felt so alive, I know it sounds so corny, but It's true. I went to dinner with some co workers last night then decided I wanted to go to Washington Square Park to read...The trip started out rocky when I got on the wrong express train and ended up in Brooklyn...But after my hour commute to the park, I made it there around 9:30.



I got to the park and heard some music, watched some kids splash around in the water with umbrellas (dont really understand the point of them..) and chilled out. THEN, I heard this group of people singing and loving life, so I walked over there.



I sat in pure joy for about an hour just listening to the most amazing guitarist i had ever heard and then quietly started harmonizing...which turned into a full out singing session for about two hours with this group of people. It was somewhat magical as i sat there and heard homeless people, people from other countries, well established artists, and random people all harmonize together and just sit in utter amazement at how beautiful the art of music truly is. It was literally the coolest moment of my life.

The weekend was wonderful as well. On Friday I worked and hung out but Saturday was a huge NYC day...I ate at Amy Ruths, which is a famous restaurant in Harlem with pancakes and waffles. I was very pleased. Walked around the city with friends for hours, went on a dinner date, and topped it off with a sleep over at brittanys. Sunday went to church, loved it, took a nice nap with brittany, ate at Shake Shack and gained 5 pounds, and loved every second of it. Then I got to have a movie night with my room mate landry, where we ate popcorn, icecream and had english subtitles in case his english failed him.

Overall it was amazing.

This is my last week at MTV and Red Bull...and I feel like I am going to cry..

Pictures and amazing videos will follow if I ever make it back to my apartment tonight.

Going to see a sneak peak of Julie and Julia tonight! YES!

---I feel so happy.

Haley Roe

No comments: