Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Nothing Less

Dear 2012,

So far you have been nothing but beautiful to me. From ringing in the New Year on a random persons roof with about 50 mormons and my best friend Maggie to the warm cup of hot chocolate with a candy cane hand made by my precious roommate Brandon that I am currently sipping on, You have just been perfect.

I am really excited for this year. 2011 was filled with change. It was one of the most incredible yet challenging times I have ever been through. The way God has changed my heart, shown me his faithfulness, and is growing me as a woman abiding in his love is something I am grateful for now, but I know I will be grateful for eternally.

When I think back to March of 2011 and how I got to be where I am, the only thing I think is that there was no other way to get me to RIGHT here but the way God planned it. I honestly don't know how everything worked out, fell into and out of place, but I know he did it just right. Pain, Joy, and all.

I have gone from trying to figure out WHY things happen, and focus on figuring out God and knowing his heart. That seems like a pretty simple statement, but the weight of that shift of understanding has rocked my world. It's also something I have to remind myself of secondly (haha i would say daily, but let's be honest, it's every second I have to do it)

Me and Maggz Motto for this new year is NOTHING LESS...

We got this phrase when at Britts wedding which I will post about later. We met this couple...this team. They were taking photos for the wedding. They were just awesome people with a very lovely relationship. One worth emulating. Maggie looked at me, squeezed my hand, and said "Nothing Less". And it kinda stuck with us the rest of the trip.

So for 2012..I am not going to settle for anything less.

What that means, is I am not settling for anything less than what God has for me. To remind myself of this, I bought this ring that I am wearing on my left ring finger. It reminds me of a crown cuz it kinda looks like it. Every morning since I have bought it, I consciously put it on, and remind myself of the Love God has for me. I outloud quote some scripture pertaining to the love he has for me, and then I tell him I love him back...cuz I do.

Happy 2012. Here are some photos

hehe this made me laugh. and question if my mom became a mormon while I was away
Absolute joy and laughter with my family
Got to see some sweet Georgia boys. and I ate it up...and some cake too
I was missin my California family, so I facetimed with Guffers the day after Xmas



Wait??? Is CHRISTMAS OVER????!! that's what I think Camden is saying in baby land.

xoxo

Haley Roe

1 comment:

Rae said...

HALEY! I loved this post and I loved spending time with you!
Stuart and Malia seriously are such a perfect couple. I love that you and Mags made that your motto and I absolutely LOVE what you have decided about your ring and your commitment to God every morning. Love it!
Totally cracked up at that first photo because I had the same thought, "Is this from a Mormon's house?" Haha.
So funny you rang in the new year with a bunch of Mormons, I didn't realize that was the party you were going to. You are so popular. I only heard about that party in passing on Friday when I ran into a friend outside the temple.
So glad you had fun and can't wait to see your post about the wedding. Wahoo!!!!
Love you girl!