Thursday, June 23, 2011

Part 2: Wedding, a baby, and a comedian

Amandas wedding was epic. It was probably the funnest weekend I have had in my life...ever. I know that sounds ridiculous..but it's true. I literally have not have that much fun. ever in my life.

Maybe it was because I was coming out of a really dark time in my life that I was just so overjoyed to be happy again. but I swear to you, I have never felt that happy. It was like an overwhelming sense of peace and gratitude of which has yet to leave me. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I feel like I am the happiest I have ever been..

I think there are several reasons for that...and I know that a huge one of those reasons is because I am just so thankful to feel happy again. I literally danced, ate, and laughed my way through the whole weekend. I felt so lucky to sit next to my best friend and be the last person who calmed her down before she walked down the isle to get married!

It's crazy to think she has met the man she will be with forever, and that she married him! How wonderful..i also didn't get home until 630 am that morning because i was just having too much fun hanging out with new and old friends. and i literally danced the whole night away..

That lack of sleep is still hurting me today..nearly 2 weeks later. I feel like complete crap, which is why I am laying in bed writing lots of blogs.

That next day I got to spend time with my family on the boat and meet my new nephew.. Who is PRECIOUS. i love that little booger more than anything in the world. I didn't cry when I left LA..but I SOBBED leaving him knowing i wouldn't see him until he was probably 5 months old..ah.. so scary to even say that out loud..

So that night I spent time with my family and flew out early early that next morning...all my travels were so blessed and I was so lucky to get out on the first flights I tried on and got my sweet roommates to come get me!

On the plane, I had a pretty funny experience. I was on about 2 hours of sleep and quite dillusional...I somehow got squished up against this guy and asked him to hold my shiz while i tried to put up my other luggage..looking back on it, it is quite ridiculous that i just asked a stranger to hold my stuff, but i was just so tired and didnt care...

i slept the entire flight, and my lioness hair was in full mode when i woke up. As i was waiting for my stuff the guy who sat behind me (and held my stuff haha) started convo and told me that he has lived in LA for a while etc...he then said he was a comedian and that i should go check out his show the next night. he got my digits and i kinda just left it at that.. He ended up cracking me up the entire night sending me ridiculous texts and finally i decided to look online and see who he really was...Come to find out, hes a pretty big comedian and when i told his name to my roommates they squealed because he was on real world/road rules for several years...all of which i didn't know and well honestly didn't care about. He told me that he put me on the list for the night and my roommates so we could check out the show. So, we ended up going to the show and it was hilarious. I mean HILARIOUS. there were about 7 comedians performing, and Theo was the closing act. My roommate Ana literally spit her drink onto the stage laughing at one point in the show. It was a GREAT way to introduce the roomies to LA. The comedy club has significance in my next post...but now, I will try to sleep again, because i feel HORRIBLE!

Part 2 complete.














2 comments:

Rae said...

Such pretty girls and what a sweet baby. Love the photo with the big brother and little brother outfits. :)
Loving reading these updates Roe! Keep them coming! You really know how to leave a cliff hanger. :) And I think I know who Theo is, I think maybe he was on Real World Chicago? That was the first season of RW I ever watched.
Anyway, I know exactly what you mean when you say your weekend was literally the most fun you've ever had. Those are blessings!!
Love you girl!

Haley Roe said...

hey rae! I am updating today..and its theo from road rules. just google it, he comes right up!