Thursday, June 23, 2011

Holy update

So this is going to be really annoying for me to go back nearly 3 weeks and update but I really want to do it. It's my first official day off of work and while I should be sleeping, I need to catch up on life. I need to journal, clean, grocery shop..the whole shebang.

Driving into Los Angeles was amazing. After 37 hours of driving, the LAST thing I wanted was traffic..but guess what. I got it. I swear I was so tired I just wanted to jump out of the car and run around that city.. Pulling into the "guys" apt..yes I lived with 2 guys for 2 weeks, was probably the most exciting yet most overwhelming feeling I have ever had.

I went into panic mode. Thank God that Maggie was here.. She is my lifesaver. We got in and out burger and then found where i worked...we drove around. blasted the heat on our feet and rolled our windows down. I took a quick detour over to Wes' boat and introduced he and maggz and then went to bed so I could start my first day of work in the morning!

I work at Red Bull Headquarters in Santa Monica, CA. And I love it so so so so soso sososo much. I work in consumer affairs and I spend my days answering emails, phone calls, mail and playing with my co workers.

Probably the best thing about Red Bull is the people there. They are all just stellar people with huge personalities and are just plain out fun. I spent that whole week going to work then exploring the city with Maggie. We went to the beach, we went out to dinner, we walked the venice pier, we hung out with Wes, we went into hollywood to see the sign, went to a DELICIOUS brunch, met up with Katie from small group, hung out with the youngest kid to sail around the world, and just had an INCREDIBLE time. i was so SO sad to see her go...it literally was so hard. but I know she will be back soon :) :)

So after maggz left I was just utterly exhausted. I tried to just chill out, but that didn't happen. I lived with two guys, Eric who is an actor, and Michael, who is an adorable south african. Thankfully Michael had some free time and really just introduced me to the city, his friends, and the life out here. I met him for a drink at the coolest bar on the beach and met all his friends and got acquainted to Santa Monica, we ate dinner at this amazing place and watched the NBA finals, and I got to snuggle with his most precious dog Kibo. I loved living there for two weeks. it was like having 2 big brothers who i could eat dinner with, get advice from, and feel comfortable around. I was so excited to be there, but I was even more excited to go home to celebrate my best friend Amanda's wedding.. Which was the start of the most exciting time of my life.

Which I will talk about in my next post..

after I take a nap.

Peace

1 comment:

Rae said...

Haley!!!! I was so so SO excited to read this post! I have been wondering how you were doing and bugging Britt asking her if she knows the latest. I am so happy for you!!!
Can't wait for the next post!