Tuesday, March 23, 2010

If the ring fits....buy it?!

Am I the ONLY ONE NOT getting engaged at the moment? Holy Tolito! I feel like everyone I know is getting engaged or married. Ok that might be a bit much, but it feels that way.
Going into high school I had a group of 5 close friends. We called ourselves the 6 of 06 (the year we were graduating) Well before we went in, we decided to make a list of who we thought would be engaged/married first. 1 meaning engaged first 6 meaning last. This was the List.

1. Haley
2. Molly
3. Rebecca
4. KC
5. Kristen
6. Julianne

Well Guess what folks.
2. Is getting married.
3. just got engaged two weeks ago
4. Got engaged about a month ago
5. has been married for almost 3 years
6. has been married for almost 2 years
and 1. well that's me. and guess what. I have been dating the same guy the whole time.

I guess I can't really COMPLAIN. I am not ready to get married. It just doesnt really make sense at this point in my life to marry alex right now and stay in athens for 2 more years or so when my dream is to pursue things in LA NY or potentially Atlanta. I mean alex wanted to get engaged within the year he got back from his mission and I was so freaked out I didn't even want to hear the word marriage. Not because I dont adore him, just beacause the Lord hasn't prepared my heart for that commitment yet...

BUT today..I was feeling well...left out you could say...soo...i went RING SHOPPING!! haha I know most think this is probably not smart to look for rings when I am not ready to get married but...I think I found the one...it is BEAUTIFUL and nearly half of the price range alex and I talked about.

I won't lie...I wrote down the number and will probably slip it in alex's bible or something..one day that is :)

No comments: