Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love

The search for yourself. Who you are. What you believe in. What moves you. There is a constant battle between searching for love and loving yourself. Why is it that once one has found love they feel as though they lose themselves. On the contrary, why is it that while alone, one seeks companionship? Where do you find that Balance?

Most recently I have been on a sort of independent journey. I am reading, excersizing, and sorting through life. One phrase that has been continual in my head is " It's not about the destination, but more so the journey to get there."

I am so grateful for my journey. I have had several friends who say that my life is always "exciting" or that crazy things happen to me. I don't think that is necessarily true, but I think it's exciting too! I love my life. While I have had very risky moves to NY and decisions i have made SOLEY for myself and not to please anyone else, my current location seems to be intriguing me. I am living in Fayetteville, Georgia.

Fayetteville, Georgia is where I am, I said it again. To the girl who swore she would never live in Georgia, to the Cali girl at heart, to the New York bad a** chick....God showed YOU!

and FINALLY finally, I am at peace. I am so happy where I am. Though Brittany and I tease each other and say we are "townies" I know that I am EXACTLY in the right spot. Right where God wants me to be. I am happy to wake up and watch Regis and Kelly. I am happy to stalk craigslist and go on random interviews. I am happy to be looking into different churches. and most of all, I am happy finding an adventure in FAYETTEVILLE, georgia.

Despite my first thought to exclaim that I am on an independent search for myself and that I am and independent woman and that I am becoming more in touch with what lies in my heart...I will tell the truth. I am not looking anymore at myself, but I am learning more about my God.

On my quest through Genesis, I am just floored. I have never REALLY really looked at Genesis. I have found more things in these few chapters than I feel like I EVER have. and guess what...I am starting to feel peace. The peace I longed for, the peace I didn't know I was missing. There is this sort of hunger for God that I have been missing. I used to have it. I used to be so intriuged by God...and now, it's even more. I don't know exactly what happened, but I feel so Alive.

No, I am not in a hit movie, or singing the national anthem at the Superbowl. I'm not on the beach learning to surf or going to clubs and restaurants in Hollywood..But I am filming for a short film. I do sing Karaoke in my room. I'm not surfing, but I am laying by the pool reading about Jesus' miracles with my mom, and I get to go to Mexican with some of my dearest friends whenever I want.

I am happy. I am joyful. I am finding myself, by finding my God.

- Roe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this, Haley! I'm so glad you have peace and joy. What a great place to be in life. :)